Last updated 23 May 2018
Tara Grimes Fitness is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (and any other policy developed on this website notified on any part of the site) sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
This policy may change from time to time and, if it does, the latest version will be available on our website (and, where appropriate, brought to your attention).
- Tara Grimes Fitness is the data controller of personal information processed through your use of our website.
- The type of the personal information processed by us includes information that you provide when using our site or services, technical information about your device, settings and website use, information that we receive from third parties, such as other website providers, ad networks and social media channels.
- We use your data, amongst other things, to provide you with our site and services or information about our site and services, tailor our services to you, carry out analysis of our services, provide (or allow others to provide) targeted ads and to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation.
- We may send you marketing materials relating to our services which you can opt out of at any time.
- We share data with our service providers and other third parties for the performance of our obligations to you, to provide you with information and for the serving of advertising.
- You have a number of rights that you may exercise in relation to our use of your personal data, and you may exercise these by contacting us through the communication methods set out below.
You can find information about us and how we collect, use and store your personal data in each section of this policy:
- Who are we
- Information we collect from you
- How your information will be used
- Disclosure of your information
- Where we store your personal information
- Data retention
- Security of your information
- Social networks
- Linked Sites
- Your rights
- Cookie notice
WHO WE ARE
This website is controlled by Tara Grimes Fitness (“we”, “us”, “our”) whose mailing address is Tara Grimes Fitness, Torrent Complex, Donaghmore, County Tyrone BT70 3DL, United Kingdom.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following information about you:
Information you give us
This is information about you that you give us when you browse or use the site, correspond with us by phone, SMS, email, social media or otherwise. It includes information you provide when:
- You register to use our site;
- Subscribe to our service;
- Search for a product;
- Place an order on our site;
- Participate in any social media functions on our site;
- Enter a competition;
- Download any articles or guides;
- When you contact us;
The information you give us includes your name, address, date of birth, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal descriptions or comments.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the IP address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, anonymised location data, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full URL, clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), pages or products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page.
Information we receive from other sources
Third parties: We work closely with third parties including, for example, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, advertisers, search information providers, third parties that enable sign-on functionality and social network integration) and will receive information about you from them.
Social Media: If you connect with us via certain social media platforms, we will collect any information that you permit through your settings on those Social Media Accounts. Information we receive from your Social Media Accounts will include the email address, first and last name, location (hometown and country), gender, date of birth, likes, interests, number of connections, occupation, posts or other social activity. The information that your social media platform may provide to us via your Social Media Account may change from time to time. Please review your Social Media Account privacy settings to control what information is shared with us.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION WILL BE USED
Whenever possible, we anonymise the data so that it cannot be connected to any individual person.
Information you give to us (including through Social Media Accounts)
We process data for the following purposes:
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to tailor your experience on the site;
- for data analysis, testing, research, statistical, editorial, feedback and survey purposes;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- To respond to your queries
- To provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- To notify you about changes to our service
- to allow you to share information on our site on third party social media platforms.
Information we receive from other sources.
We will combine information we receive from other sources with the information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
For some of the purposes for which we use personal data (see above), we will engage a third party. If such third party needs access to personal data to carry out its task, we will share the data with them, we will ensure that the third party will only use the data based on our instructions. Such a party is a processor on our behalf and we remain responsible for your data. We will engage the following processors:
- Companies that provide services to us, such as vendors, service providers, and other partners who globally support our business. These third parties provide services such as providing technical infrastructure services, analysing how our services are used, measuring the effectiveness of ads and services, providing customer service, facilitating payments, or conducting academic research and surveys. These partners must adhere to strict confidentiality obligations in a way that is consistent with this policy and the agreements we enter into with them; and
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site. We want our site and advertising to be as relevant and interesting to you as it can be. With this in mind, we use all of the information we have about you to show you relevant ads, and in order to be able to optimize our site. We do not share information that personally identifies you with advertising, measurement or analytics partners unless you give us permission. We may provide these partners with information about the reach and effectiveness of their advertising without providing information that personally identifies you, or if we have aggregated the information so that it does not personally identify you.
Other Third Parties
We will, based either on your explicit consent, or otherwise when we have the right to do so according to applicable personal data regulations, share your personal information with:
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant advertising to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users.
- social media or other similar platforms so that we can serve relevant content to you via that platform. For example, we may share your email address with Facebook so that we can include you within a custom audience that we (or a third party on our behalf) will serve content to on Facebook, or we may create an audience of other Facebook users based on the information in your Facebook profile.
Disclosure under certain circumstances
We will, based either on your explicit consent, or otherwise when we have the right to do so according to applicable personal data regulations also disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of any Tara Grimes Fitness company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- Where you have otherwise consented that we may do so.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or on the secure servers or secure services controlled by third parties on our behalf. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We retain the personal information we collect only if we need it to support justifiable business requirements or when our lawful purposes for using the information requires retention. When we no longer require personal information we or our third-party suppliers will securely delete and/or archive the information. For more information on where and how long your personal information is stored, and for more information on your rights of erasure and portability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
To help protect the privacy of data and personally identifiable information you transmit through use of our site and portals, we maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards. We update and test our security technology on an ongoing basis. We restrict access to your personal data to those employees who need to know that information to provide benefits or services to you.
If you connect with us on any of our social media channels we will store that information. Information we may collect includes email address, name, date of birth, and some personal characteristics e.g. weight etc. This will add you to our mailing list, which you have the right to unsubscribe from at any time.
This site, our newsletters and other communications will from time to time contain links and/or banners that take you to other websites. We are not responsible for the reliability of the content or privacy practices of such other websites.
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 16 and the site are not targeted to children under the age of 16. We encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests.
Access to Your Personal Information
You have the right to request access to personal data that we hold about you including any information we have shared to our third parties and/or processors, subject to certain conditions and limited exceptions set out in relevant data privacy laws.
If any of your details change, please inform us and we will update your personal information in line with our obligations under the relevant laws.
You have the right to ask us not to use your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or by using any other opt-out method that we provide in the communication, such as an ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails.
You may also request information about: the purpose of the processing; the categories of personal data concerned; who else outside of Tara Grimes Fitness might have received the data from us; what the source of the information was (if you didn’t provide it directly to us); and how long it will be stored. You have a right to:
- request that we correct (rectify) the record of your personal data maintained by us if it is inaccurate or out of date;
- request that we erase that data or cease processing it, subject to certain exceptions;
- ask us not to process your personal information for the legitimate interests that we have set out above. In certain circumstances we may not be able to stop using your personal information but, if that is the case, we’ll let you know and tell you why;
- receive the personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to transmit that data to another data controller; and
- lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority if you have concerns about how we process your personal data.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our address is Tara Grimes Fitness, Torrent Complex, Donaghmore, County Tyrone BT70 3DL, United Kingdom.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the site.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Some pages of the site and our e-mails will contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that typically work in conjunction with cookies to identify our users and user behaviour over time, for example, to count users who have visited certain web pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
If you’d like to opt out of interest based advertising, please go to the Network Advertising Initiative website here http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
or the EDAA opt-out program here http://www.youronlinechoice.eu
or in respect of mobile devices http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices
*please note that we’re not responsible for the content of external websites.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the site.